- Wednesday, January 8, 2020Trans oral robotic surgery. The robotic arms are controlled through the surgical console. This allows for access to difficult to reach areas such as base of tongue and oropharynx. View this post on Instagram Trans oral Robotic surgery. Thank you to all the team at Northwick Park hospital for helping us start our Robotic surgery programme . #northwickparkhospital #davinciroboticsurgery A post shared by headandnecksurgery (@headandnecksurgery) on Jan 8, 2020 at 2:03pm PST
- Monday, December 16, 2019Surgeons at Northwick Park Hospital used 3D technology to reconstruct a man’s jaw using part of his leg bone. Albert Goodman’s jaw was reconstructed as a 3D computer model allowing surgeons to plan incisions and cuts to within one mm. The blueprint was then used to guide them in the operating theatre. Mr Goodman, 88, had been in constant pain for several years and unknowingly suffered a fractured jaw after the bone was weakened by previous radiotherapy treatment for cancer.
- Monday, December 2, 2019Download the app and try it. Touch surgery available for iOS/Android. View this post on Instagram Fancy your hand at surgery ... download the app and try it . Touch surgery available iOS/Android #touchsurgeryapp @www.lnwh.nhs.uk A post shared by headandnecksurgery (@headandnecksurgery) on Dec 2, 2019 at 4:10am PST
- Tuesday, October 22, 2019Da Vinci robot simulator training. View this post on Instagram da Vinci robot simulator training #roboticsurgerytraining #davinci #headandneckroboticsurgery A post shared by headandnecksurgery (@headandnecksurgery) on Oct 22, 2019 at 8:40am PDT
- Thursday, June 6, 2019Has been used up it then flows back out through the vene comitans (VC) into the internal Jugular vein and back to the heart. Microsurgery involves connecting these tiny blood vessels using stitches under the microscope. For a more detailed review please read my chapter in microsurgery: Maxillofacial Surgery: 2-Volume Set, 3e 3rd Edition ISBN-13: 978-0702060564 View this post on Instagram Head and neck reconstruction involves free tissue transfer to repair defects following cancer surgery.